Recognizing the need for an academic scholarship for the arts, North County Coalition for the Arts
(NoCCA), established the Patricia Shreves Saracco Lang Educational Arts Scholarship. This merit
based scholarship will be awarded to a limited number of deserving Imperial Valley high school
seniors planning on continuing his or her career and/or education in the filed of visual or
performing arts. Applicants will be evaluated on overall GPA, artistic ability, activities, and
potential to contribute to the arts in the future.
• Applicant must be a current High School senior in Imperial County
• Applicant must maintain a minimum of 3.0 overall grade point average
• Applicant demonstrates a talent or potential in the area of visual or performing arts
INSTRUCTIONS & GUIDELINES
The applicant is responsible for ensuring that NoCCA receives all components of the application
packet by the deadline. The requirements listed below are mandatory and the application will not be
considered complete without all parts submitted. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
1. Completed Application Form (Parts I, II, & III)
2. An Essay of 250-500 words, explaining your interest and goals in the field of visual or
performing arts and how art has made an impact in your life. (Part IV)
3. Recommendations – Two (2) letters of recommendation from people who know you well and are
knowledgeable about your interest and/or success in art, one of which must be a current or recent
4. -Visual Art Applicants-
Please provide 3-5 samples of your visual artwork. (If turning in a physical application, please make sure these are pictures/copies only, as they will not be returned.) Please
ensure that samples are recent works, are of high resolution, and are labeled in the following
-Title of work, if any
-Date the work was created
-Medium used (watercolor, digital, photography etc.)
-If the work has been exhibited or displayed (when and where)
-Performing Arts Applicants-
Please submit 3-10 minutes of video recordings that best exemplify your performance skills. High
resolution videos preferred. Excerpts are acceptable. Submission should be labeled in the following
-Title of work, if any
-Credit to the writer/choreographer, etc. if not your own work
-Date and time of recording
5. Official High School transcripts
6. Copy of acceptance and/or enrollment to a university or art institution
7. Resume of Activities that includes high school and non-school activities honors, awards, and
8. Optional supplemental information such as: (copies of) Programs of Performances, Published
reviews of artwork, Media articles, etc.
The above materials are to be received no later than May 12, 2023.
HOW TO SUBMIT
For physical submissions: Please print application and fill out by hand. Print your essay, pictures
or copies of work samples, copy of transcripts, etc. Recorded performances may be included on a
flash drive. Include application and all required materials in a manila envelope and mail to:
P.O. Box 1253 Brawley, CA 92227
For digital submissions: Please either print, fill out, and scan your application, or use a fill
and sign function and fill it out on Adobe Reader. Email as attachments all of your required
materials, scans of transcripts, samples of work, etc. You may also provide website links,
Instagram links, or Youtube links where we may view samples of your work. Please email application
Nocca97@yahoo.com with subject line SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION (your name)
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions or call 760-550-1117.
Click Here to download the Application.